A newly discovered boat-ride place for visitors to the land of karsts. Thung Nham waterway takes you about 2-hour sampan boat-ride through three caves and in between beautiful limestone mountain ranges. The scenery along the row is considerred as the most untouched amongst the boat-ride spots in Ninh Binh because there is rarely a plantation by human at the valleys but it is covered much by wild long grass and cane-brake. Hang But is 500m and has a lot of beautiful stalagmites and stalactites hanging down from the ceiling.
The tour is followed by a gentle bicycling ride to Thai Vi temple which is situated in a quiet valley, walled by towering limestone outcrops.
- Enjoy two-hour sampan boat-ride through some of the most beautiful caves in Ninh Binh and watch the spetacular mountainous scenery along the row.
- Taking an easy bicycling tour on the backroads to visit the peaceful countryside with villages, lotus ponds, rice paddy fields
- Watch the daily life of the rustic villagers
- Enjoy a Vietnamese lunch with local specialties.
In the morning
Depart from Hanoi at 7:30 AM, we drive southward to Ninh Binh province. After getting out of the busy streets of the city, the smooth drive on National Highway No1 through the farm land will offer you a good start of the day with the views of the countryside: rice fields, villages… About 10.15 AM, we will arrive at Ninh Hai commue. Get off our car and embark on half-an-hour bicycle ride to Thung Nham boat operation place. From here, we will get on a small sampan boat and enjoy 2-hour ride on a little waterway. The villager who live nearby will row you through some beautiful caves which lead you to different stunning valleys. After that, we will ride back to the start and have a Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon
After lunch, get your bike again and ride to visit a modest temple, built of green stone in the middle of a beautiful valley which is formed by many steep limestone mountains. Learn a piece of Vietnamese history as the temple is dedicated to the Tran dynasty, who defeated the Mongolian three times in the 13rd century. After listening to the story and taking photographs. We ride back to the restaurant where we drop the bikes before taking the afternoon drive back to Hanoi. Arrive in Hanoi early in the evening and finish the tour at the door of your hotel.
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Sightseeing and boat tickets
- Vietnamese lunch
- Bottled water on the vehicle
- Government taxes and service charge
- Travel insurance
- Dinks and other meals
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses and others not
- Mentioned clearly above.
For more information about Vietnam tours, please visit our website. Have a nice trip!